Based off the journal posted by =Sir-Raychu
“I haven't seen anyone else making this again so I thought I'd try to remake the wonderful taxidermy secret Santa we all had last year, I'm using the same basic format as simple seems to work better! It's easy as pie to join in, just read the steps below and post your own journal!”
I am a skull, skeleton, mummy, and oddity collector. I love the taxidermy world and have found some amazing people in this community!
1. Post up a journal with 10-15 things you'd like for Christmas.
2. Feature other people at the bottom of your journal.
3. Make sure to try and send other people gifts, even just sending card is nice!
4. Asking for none taxidermy items is fine, but if you don't want any this might be the wrong SS for you.
5. Please include your address on the journal or a way for people to contact you to get your address to send the gift.
6. Include the rules in your journal.
– Small, medium, large, LOVE! Anything that I don’t have and that is legal in California, USA. Wild or Domestic.Skulls I have:
coyote (cleaned and aged), red fox, rosella parrot, plantain squirrel, elderly domestic cat, brown rat, Asian house shrew, Egyptian Fruit Bat (rousettus aegyptiacus
), Long-Tongued Nectar Bat (macroglossus minimus
), Pouched Tomb Bat (taphozous saccolaimus
), Diadem Leaf-Nosed Bat (hipposideros diadema
), Bicolored Roundleaf Bat (hipposideros bicolor
), Glossy Horseshoe Bat (rhinolophus lepidus refulgens
), Ermine/Least Weasel, Bobwhite Quail. I need to craft my shelves so that I can get a photo!!
2. Replica Skulls
– Vulture, Wolf, Bear, Cougar/Mountain Lion, Crow, Raven, Sea Mammals, Big Cats, and Birds on the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
3. Replica Skeletons
– Birds! Especially Crow, Raven, and Song Birds.
– Disarticulated please. I have a large rat but I will gladly enjoy more.
– Handmade or naturally occurring.
6. Red Fox Teeth
– I am missing the first two premolars behind one of the upper canines on my red fox skull. I’ll accept real or crafted teeth. First premolar is 0.125in long (measured from bone), second premolar is .25in long (measured from the bone). Would LOVE to complete this skull!
7. Tanned pelts
– Domestic/Farm only, tanned please. Top of my list is a Black & White Dutch Rabbit
1. Books – anatomy, art, law enforcement, movie monsters/make-up/special effects
2. Stretcher Bars/Wooden Frames
3. Vintage anatomy posters
4. Vintage fashion posters
– 100% cotton, 100% wool, 100% linen (natural fibers)
6. Wool fibers
– sheep, llama, alpaca, etc.
7. Bat Artwork
! I love bats!!
8. Xmas cards and letters!
I am located in Southern California, USA; Zip Code 92843. If you want my address, please Note me. Thanks!
Domestic/Farm pelts only.
Bones/Fur must have animal identification.
Artwork - No profanity or dirty jokes please. Macabre is always welcomed.
No birds protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act: List Found Here
No animals that are currently endangered- even if they have paperwork from before endangerment: List Found Here
| Website Search Engine
Scroll down to California: Federal & State Laws
California Statues/Laws: Found Here
Other people's journals!=Sir-Raychu
- Starting Journal*dannie9348